The Brookfarm Culture
The people who come and work with us at Brookfarm are our most important asset. We encourage creative thought and real input at every level of our business, from the farm and factory through to sales & marketing. The working culture at Brookfarm is key to us and we work as a creative supportive co-operative team.
We provide ongoing training and skills building programs for every staff member and aim to offer career paths for every employee. Our staff are passionate about quality, service, and attention to detail.
Brookfarm is based in beautiful Byron Bay in Northern NSW – it is the ideal place to find that work life balance.
Accounts Receivable Officer
Brookfarm, based in Byron Bay, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts Receivable professional with strong Customer Service skills to join our skilled finance management team.
Brookfarm is a family owned food producer based in Byron Bay. We supply Australia wide and export to over 12 countries. Brookfarm is a paddock to plate company that makes real food the “Slow Food” way; we have a passion for quality, our community and the environment.
What you need:
You will be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Sound knowledge and experience in basic accounting principles, particularly in relation to accounts receivable, record maintenance and auditing principles
- Experience with data entry and interpreting data
- Experience with computerised accounting systems, e.g. Pronto, ERP
- Exceptional written and verbal communications are essential to be successful in this role.
Responsible for financial administration which includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain Accounts Receivables.
- Maintain the General Ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Maintain Petty Cash.
- Process finance transactions including the raising of Customer credit notes.
- Prepare accounts for the end of month including Account receivable statements
Who is the ideal candidate?
- Extensive experience in a customer focused accounts receivable role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have 3 years minimum experience in a similar role.
To apply for this position, check out our website, eat our products and see what makes us tick, then email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
Evening Cleaning Shift
There are a number of evening cleaning shifts open for the right people to join the dynamic, friendly Brookfarm team in our Byron Bay Bakehouse. Brookfarm is a food manufacturer with a difference – for us it starts on the family farm; our passion is to produce the highest quality real food and to make a difference to our community and the environment.
A successful candidate would help in all aspects of creating our delicious products but particularly in the cleaning process. This is arguably the most important part of what we do, everything needs to be thoroughly cleaned every day to ensure the safest possible environment to create our products.
Here at Brookfarm, we proudly make the highest quality Macadamia products for our award winning range, from Muesli’s, to Porrij, to Muesli Bars and delectable nut mixes.
We are looking for people who want to be involved – to become a part of our extended Brookfarm family, not just clock in and clock out.
- Excellent eye for detail and quality, second best is not good enough, only the best will do
- Physically fit
- Positive team skills and work ethic
- Able to work well in a positive team
- Able to do Shift work, particularly evening shifts. Starting at 5:30pm to 10 or 11pm
- Takes pride in your work.
- You need to be able to clean – really well
Nice to have
- Valid Forklift license
- Experience in food manufacturing
- Cleaning experience
- Experience in the food industry is a preference but not compulsory.
Hours per week are between 20-30. This may be subject to change.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]