Banana and Sticky Date Loaf
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/3 cup of Brookfarm Natural Macadmia Oil
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Chop the pitted dates, and place them in a bowl.
- Cover with the boiling water and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mash the banana in a bowl. To which, add the eggs, macadamia oil, vanilla and coconut sugar and whisk together until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the salt, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and almond meal.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Drain the dates and fold them into the mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for one hour, covering with foil towards the end if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Allow to cool in the pan for ten minutes after removing from the oven, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.