Macadamia Powerfood & Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1/2 cup macadamia meal
- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Brookfarm Macadamia Powerfood
- 1/3 cup Brookfarm Natural Macadamia Oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven on a moderate setting 180°C/350°F
- Combine flour,1/2 the Powerfood, macadamia meal, sugar, eggs, oil and sour cream in a bowl and mix gently until all ingredients are combined.
- Add blueberries and gently fold through the mixture.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked through and golden.
Mix ingredients until just combined – overmixing the batter will result in hard and chewy muffins. If using frozen berries do not defrost prior to adding to batter – the mixture will be too wet otherwise. Blueberries can be substituted for any seasonal berries.