Caramelised Beef Stir Fry with Tricoloured Capsicum
- 500g(17oz) scotch fillet
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons Brookfarm Premium Grade Natural Macadamia Oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 green capsicum
For the Marinade
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Brookfarm Lime & Chilli infused Macadamia Oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
For the Garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut fillet into 2cm cubes and add to marinade turning well to make sure meat is well coated. Set aside in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cut capsicum lengthwise into thin slivers and set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon of Premium grade macadamia oil and crushed garlic to a wok
- When wok is hot add beef cubes, a couple of tablespoons at a time – cook until browned on all sides but rare in the middle
- Place cooked beef on a plate to keep warm while you continue to cook the remaining batches always starting with a tablespoon of macadamia oil
- Return beef to wok along with the capsicum strips and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Cook over high heat until juices caramelise and glaze the beef cubes.
- To serve: serve on a bed of steamed rice and garnish with fresh chopped coriander and mint.