Easy Red Wine & Mustard Roast Beef
Extract from our new mini cookbook – ‘the CHEF on our FARM’
Serves 6 Recipe by Steven ‘Snowy’ Snow- Fins Restaurant
- 1.4kg (50oz) Strip Loin
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced finely
- 2tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Brookfarm Premium Grade Macadamia Oil
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine
- Take a good quality Strip Loin and put some diagonal slices along the top to form a diamond pattern. Season with sea salt.
- Roughly chop the garlic, and place in the cuts (once baked it will flavor the meat).
- Take a couple of tbsps of Dijon mustard & rub into the beef. Drizzle the oil over the top and rub it all over the beef. It will smell delicious.
- Sear all sides in a hot pan and transfer to a heavy preheated roasting pan and cook in the oven on a medium heat 170° C (around 330°F) turning frequently for about 40 minutes. Every 10 minutes pour a quarter of the red wine over the beef.
- Serve along with a selection of your favourite roast vegetables.