Fresh Roast Vegetable Salad
by Jimmy Boswell – NZ Chef
“This recipe can be served as a side with roasted meats, hot or cold. Its is a great dish if you are having someone over for dinner that is a vegetarian. Serve on a base of fresh salad greens that have been dressed (tossed) with a little balsamic vinegar (3 tbsp), lemon juice (1 tbsp) and Lemon Myrtle infused Macadamia oil (3 tbsp) all shaken together in a jar to combine. Leave out the feta cheese to make this a vegan dish.”
- 6 tbsp Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli
- 3 medium beetroots
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 parsnips, woody core removed
- 2 courgettes
- 1 cauliflower, florets only
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, bruised with the flat edge of a chopping knife
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100-150g feta cheese, crumbled for serving
- Small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Wash and roughly chop the beetroots, carrots, parsnips and courgettes. Roughly chopped gives the dish a rustic look.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets and veggies with 3 tbsp Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli, salt and pepper to season, garlic and thyme, leaves removed from stem of one sprig.
- Drizzle base of an oven proof roasting dish with the rest of the oil and position the remaining 2 sprigs of thyme on the base. Arrange vegetables in the dish so that they’re roughly evened out across it.
- Roast in the middle on the oven until carrots and beetroot are just fork tender, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Note: This can be served hot from the oven.
- Once cool, serve on platter with generous sprinkling of smoked paprika, crumbled feta cheese and fresh mint.
- Serve as is or with leftover meat cold cuts or smoked chicken as a fresh brunch, lunch or dinner.