Garlic Rosemary Roasted Lamb Leg
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jimmy Boswell
“This is my fall back lamb leg roast recipe. Its quick and easy to prep and I often use it to make pulled lamb. The juices from the leg roasting make a wonderful base for a tasty gravy.”
- 1.8 kg (4 lb) Leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and sliced lengthways into 18 slivers
- 2-3 stems Rosemary, cut into 18 2cm pieces (preferably with thick, mature stems)
- 2 onions, peeled and cut in half
- Several sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup stock (broth) of choice. I use chicken.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C (375F).
- Rub the Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli all over the lamb leg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 18 small but deep slits all over the leg of lamb, spacing them out evenly.
- Insert 1 garlic sliver and 1 rosemary piece into each slit and season the whole leg generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the cut onion halves and thyme in the roasting tray and position the leg of lamb on top, making sure it is stable and add the stock to the base of the tray.
- Cover the tray loosely with foil and cook for 90 minutes. After 90 minutes remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes, uncovered. The lamb will be well done; cook for less time for medium well or medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and cover again with foil and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with your choice of roasted vegetable and seasonal fresh greens.