Lemon Myrtle Roast Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- A 1.5kg free range, organic chicken
- Brookfarm Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil
- 8 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme
- A large handful of fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch dutch carrots
- 3 medium beetroots
- 1/2 a small pumpkin
- 3 red onions
- 2 large parsnips
- 1 bulb fennel
To prepare the Lemon Myrtle Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees celsius.
- Rub about two tablespoons of oil over the chicken and season generously with salt, pepper.
- Using a skewer, poke halls all over the lemon. Crush the other four garlic gloves and rub through the rosemary. Push the lemon and garlicky herbs into the chickens cavity and place atop the oil drizzled baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 200 degrees. Roast the chicken for an hour and twenty minutes, checking for doneness at an hour and ten minutes. Allow the chicken to rest for ten minutes before carving.
To prepare the Roasted Vegetables
- Roughly chop into large pieces the washed but unpeeled vegetables.
- Drizzle generously with Brookfarm Premium Natural Macadamia Oil and season well with sea salt & pepper
- When the chicken has been in the oven for forty minutes, add the vegetables to the oven and roast for approx 30 minutes until done.