Orange Thyme Roasted Chicken
Created by New Zealand Chef Jimmy Boswell
- 1 whole chicken NZ size 16 – 1.5kg (3.3lb)
- 2 tbsp Brookfarm Macadamia Lime & Chilli infused oil
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or raw sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine orange juice, zest, lemon juice, honey or sugar, thyme and 2 tbsp Brookfarm Macadamia Lime & Chilli infused oil in a pot and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes to combine ingredients. Let it cool and place in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and baste well. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, basting the chicken in the marinade occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F). Transfer chicken to a large roasting pan, lightly seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper, reserve the marinade.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Drain excess fat. Add reserved marinade and stock. Reduce oven temperature to 180C (375F). Roast for a further 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into a pot and simmer over a medium heat to reduce by 1/3, skimming fat. Cover to keep warm.
- Slice chicken and serve chicken with pan juices and your choice of vegetables.