Pasta with Macadamia Basil and Parmesan Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Sally James – award winning San Francisco based Australian chef
- 1/3 cup roasted macadamias, plus 2 tablespoons extra, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Brookfarm Natural Macadamia Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- 10-12 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g (1lb) linguini or preferred long pasta
- Place the 1/4 cup macadamias in a food processor or mortar and pestle and grind coarsely with the garlic. Add enough of the macadamia oil to make a thick sauce, then mix in half of the parmesan and basil. Season with the pepper. Set aside.
- Cook linguini according to directions and drain well. Toss with the remaining oil to coat noodles. Return to the saucepan and fold in the sauce.
- Serve with the extra macadamias, parmesan and basil sprinkled over.Note: This sauce is also delicious with some freshly cooked prawns tossed through.