High protein savoury loaf
Recipe by @nourishandflourishsyd
This savoury loaf is gluten free and high in protein – great for sandwiches, morning toast or as a quick snack.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Unflavoured Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds, plus more for topping
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tbsp dried rosemary leaves, plus more for topping
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp oil of Premium Grade Macadamia Oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius
- Prepare the chia egg by mixing together chia seeds & warm water and soaking for 15 mins (until a thick gel is formed)
- In another bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients
- Add the chia egg and the wet ingredients to the dry mix and mix well. If the batter is too wet, add more flour or protein powder
- Pour batter into a lined baking loaf tin and top with nuts/seeds of choice
- Bake for 40-50mins – Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped
- Let the loaf cool completely before slicing.
This loaf can be sliced up and frozen in individual pieces.