Salmon, Avocado & Cucumber Bites
“I love using thin slices of cucumber as a base for starters and finger food. This is an easy recipe to bring together and should be served as soon as you have finished preparing it.” – Chef Jimmy Boswell
- 400g (1/2 lb) cold smoked Salmon, diced into small cubes
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 Spring Onions (Scallions), thinly sliced
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- 1 Avocado, diced into small cubes
- Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli
- Brookfarm Natural Macadamia Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cucumber sliced into thin rings 125g/4oz unsalted butter
- Place the salmon in the freezer for about 15 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients. The fish will be much easier to cut if it is very cold.
- Remove the tarragon leaves from stem and smash into a paste using mortar and pestle or a mini food processor. Combine with about 1 tbsp. Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli and reserve.
- Dice the chilled salmon in ¼ in. or smaller cubes. Combine with sliced spring onions (scallions), tarragon paste and lemon zest in a small bowl. Dress with about 1 tsp. Brookfarm Macadamia Oil infused with Lime & Chilli , season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon Salmon Tartare on top of cucumber rounds, then top with a little chopped avocado with chives on top to garnish.