Brookfarm’s Scallops with Shaved Fennel – in a lemon myrtle vinaigrette
Brookfarm’s Scallops with Shaved Fennel
- Put finely sliced fennel and chopped leaves in a bowl
- In a sealable jar and Lemon Myrtle infused Macadamia Oil, Natural Macadamia Oil, white balsamic vinegar & Dijon mustard, add salt & pepper to taste. Shake vigorously until a smooth even mix and pour over slice fennel. Season to taste.
- Lightly season scallops with salt & pepper.
- Heat heavy frypan to high heat and add macadamia oil & butter, then add the scallops and sear to a light brown on each side (approx 1 minute per side) so just cooked through.
- Place the scallops onto shells and add a drizzle of the browned butter/macadamia oil from the pan.
- Place the dressed shaved fennel over the scallop, decorate with an edible flower and serve.