Aromatic Seafood Pot
An extract from our mini cookbook ‘The CHEF on our FARM’.
Recipe compliments of chef Steven Snow of Fins Restaurant
- 30ml (1.5 tablespoons) Brookfarm Premium Grade Macadamia Oil
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) sesame oil
- 8 red shallots, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cm (1/4”) piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 raw Moreton Bay bugs, cut in half lengthways (substitute mussels)
- 250g (8oz) boneless fish fillet (mahi-mahi, blue eyed trevalla, cobia or similar) cut in 10 large bite sized pieces
- 4 x 10 cm (4”) squid tubes – cleaned and cut into 4 lengthways
- 4 large green king prawns, peeled and deveined. Leave tails intact
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) gluten free dark soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) fish sauce
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 fresh kaffir lime, leaf finely chopped
- 250 ml ( 1 cup) fish or chicken stock
- 80 ml (4 tablespoons) coconut milk
- 6 whole basil leaves
- 6 coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion. Chopped diagonally
- Steamed or boiled rice to serve
- Heat the oils n a wok over a medium heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, ginger and bugs and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the fish, lightly toss and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add squid, prawns and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add soy, fish sauce, chilli sauce and kaffir lime leaf.
- Toss to combine. Fry for 10 seconds, coating the seafood.
- Add stock and increase heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add coconut milk and the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with steamed or boiled rice.