Pan Seared Snapper with Grilled Veggies & Macadamia Pesto
- 4 x Snapper fillets (skin on)
- 200g Rice flour
- 500g Pumpkin (¼ – ½ of pumpkin)
- One punnet (200g) Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Brookfarm Natural Macadamia oil
- 200g Rocket
- 100g Chopped Macadamias (dry roasted)
- 100g Feta cheese
- 1 Lemon cut in half
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Fennel 1 bulb
- Rice vinegar 100ml
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar
- A good pinch Salt & Pepper
- Water 50ml
- 100 g chopped Macadamias
- 1 bunch (1 ½ cups) of picked Basil leaves
- 1 Garlic clove
- Parmesan Cheese
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 6 tbsp Brookfarm Natural Macadamia oil
- A good pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Use a mandolin and slice the fennel or cut relatively thin with a knife. Combine vinegar, sugar, water & salt & pepper in a bowl, stir until dissolved. Add sliced Fennel and set aside for 20-30mins
- Cut Pumpkin into ½ cm slices. Toss the cherry tomatoes and cut pumpkin with Macadamia oil, salt & pepper and cook on the BBQ until golden brown and tender. Cut lemon in half and place on grill cut side down (cook until golden).
- Roast Macadamias in a dry pan (without oil) until golden brown and aromatic (keep half aside as a topping). In a Pestle & Mortar or blender combine the roast Macadamias, garlic, basil, salt & pepper and parmesan until broken down. Add the Lemon juice then the Macadamia oil until the mixture is loose well combined. I prefer to keep my pesto chunky and rustic so don’t overwork.
- Dust Snapper fillets in rice flour, salt & pepper and pan-fry skin side down in Medium -hot fry pan with Natural Macadamia oil, cook for 3 mins on one side (until golden and crispy), flip and then cook for a further 2mins or until cooked.
- Assemble on a large chopping board with rocket, pumpkin, tomatoes, feta cheese and pickled fennel. On the side add grilled snapper with a dollop of Macadamia pesto and roasted lemon. To finish sprinkle with roast macadamias, drizzle with Macadamia oil and squeeze over the roast lemon.