An extract from our mini cookbook ‘The CHEF on our FARM’
Recipe compliments of chef Steven ‘Snowy’ Snow from Fins Restaurant
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Brookfarm Lemon Myrtle Infused Macadamia Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 8 kipfler (fingerling) potatoes
- 24 green beans, trimmed
- 4 x 165 g (5oz) skinless, boneless white fish fillets, such as mulloway, snapper, mahi mahi
- or pearl perch
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Rice flour, for dusting (optional)
- 250 ml (1 cup) Riesling
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF. Heat 80 ml (21/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) of the Macadamia oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelised. Remove from the heat.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until tender. Blanch the beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes, or until just starting to become tender. Refresh immediately in a bowl of iced water then quickly drain.
- Toss the potatoes, caramelised onion and beans in 2 tablespoons of the Macadamia Oil and season with sea salt, to taste. Cover to keep warm. Season the fish lightly with salt and white pepper, then toss in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the fish and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan and brush the butter over each fish fillet. Season with sea salt, if desired. Place the pan in the oven for 3 minutes, or until the fish is almost cooked through to the centre.
- When the fish is cooked, divide the potatoes and beans between each plate and arrange a fish fillet over the top. Add the parsley to the sauce and drizzle over the fish, to serve.