Yellow shark curry in a hurry
This recipe has been created by the amazing Chef Sam Gowing. Here’s what she has to say about it:
“Our native ingredients are exceptionally medicinal and complement our robust, innovative Australian cuisine beautifully. This recipe has been designed to incorporate local ingredients, produce and support suppliers of the Northern Rivers region”.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Premium Macadamia Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 x 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, bruised
- 6 curry leaves
- 400 grams shark or other firm white flesh fish
- 175 g yellow curry paste or a blend – I used Zest Yellow Curry Blend
- 200 ml / ½ can coconut milk or cream (save other half for the rice)
- 1 x 1 cm piece turmeric, peeled, grated
- Native greens
- In a large heavy based saucepan, heat oil.
- Add cloves garlic and ginger, sauté until lightly browned.
- Add lemongrass, heat a little to release essential oil and become more fragrant.
- Add fish, sear lightly on each side.
- Add yellow curry blend and coconut milk or cream. Add turmeric.
- Add curry leaves, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes on a low heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Serve with coconut rice, watercress and native greens.