Gluten Free Macadamia Muesli with Apple & Apricot
$12.10 – $30.45
- Soy free
- Protein Rich Quinoa
- Australian Dried Fruits
- Premium Wholegrains
This oven baked gluten free muesli combines the rich, crunchy texture of macadamias with protein rich quinoa and Australian gluten free grains & brans. These are lightly toasted with Australian bush honey and just a touch of our premium macadamia oil. We then add beautiful Tasmanian apples plus apricots, natural currants and sultanas from Australia’s finest fruit growing regions.
Servings per 350g pack: 10
Servings per 1kg pack: 28
Serving size: 35g
|Per 35g||Per 100g|
Ingredients & Allergens
Buckwheat, rice bran, honey, puffed rice, macadamia nuts (7%), macadamia oil, sunflower kernels, quinoa (4%), pumpkin kernels, natural sultanas, currants, apricots (3%) [humectant (vegetable glycerine-422), preservative (sulphites-220)], puffed buckwheat, amaranth, apple (1%), prune juice.
Tree nuts, sulphites (on apricots to preserve colour)
Video: How to Prepare Your Muesli
Recipe: Muesli Hedgehog Slice
Prep time: 10 minutes + chilling time
Cook time: 5 minutes
For the Muesli Hedgehog Slice
- ¼ cup organic coconut cream
- 200g dark chocolate (45% cocoa solids), chopped roughly
- 2 cups Brookfarm Gluten Free Muesli
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tbsp extra
- ¼ cup shelled salted pistachios
- Extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias to top
To prepare the Muesli Hedgehog Slice
- Line a square 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place coconut cream in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Stir, until chocolate is glossy and melted.
- Place muesli, ½ cup desiccated coconut and pistachios in a large bowl and mix well. Add half of the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Spoon mixture over base of tin, pressing gently into corners.
- Add the extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut to the remaining melted chocolate and mix. Pour over the slice and spread evenly.
- Top with extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm then turn on to a board and cut into 16 squares.