Lemon Myrtle Infused Macadamia Oil
$12.10 – $38.50
- Premium Grade
- Smooth Buttery Taste
- Cholesterol & Trans Fat Free
- First Cold Pressed
Serving size: 5ml
|Per 5ml||Per 100ml|
Ingredients & Allergens
Australian macadamia oil, Lemon myrtle
Recipe: Lemon Myrtle Roast Chicken with Crispy Potatoes
- A 1.5kg free range, organic chicken
- Brookfarm Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil
- 8 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme
- A large handful of fresh rosemary
- 1 large brown onion
- 3 large carrots
- 6 large Sebago potatoes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
To prepare the Lemon Myrtle Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees celsius.
- Roughly chop the carrots and the onion. Along with three whole cloves of garlic, spread them across a medium sized roasting pan and drizzle generously with Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil.
- Rub about two tablespoons of oil over the chicken and season generously with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Using a skewer, poke halls all over the lemon. Crush the other four garlic gloves and rub through the rosemary. Push the lemon and garlicky herbs into the chickens cavity and place atop the chopped vegetables.
- Place the chicken in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 200 degrees. Roast the chicken for an hour and twenty minutes, checking for doneness at an hour and ten minutes. Allow the chicken to rest for ten minutes before carving.
To prepare the Crispy Potatoes
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into 5cm chunks. Place in a saucepan full of cold water, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for ten minutes until just slightly softened.
- Drain the potatoes well and toss in a bowl with the Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- When the chicken has been in the oven for forty minutes, add the potatoes to the baking tray.