Lime & Chilli Infused Macadamia Oil
$12.10 – $38.50
- Premium Grade
- Smooth Buttery Taste
- Cholesterol & Trans Fat Free
- First Cold Pressed
Premium grade macadamia oil is infused with a citrus lime tang and has a gentle chilli warmth – perfectly balanced with the unique nutty flavour of the macadamia oil.
Use this exquisite Brookfarm oil to add flavour to salad dressings, pesto and sauces or as a marinade prior to cooking to tenderise meat or poultry dishes. It is superb drizzled over, seafood, noodle and vegetable dishes.
|Per 5ml||Per 100ml|
Ingredients & Allergens
Australian macadamia oil, Lime Extracts, Chilli extracts
Recipe: Kangaroo San Choy Bau
Recipe provided by Chef Clayton Donovan, Wild Food
Featured in The Great Australian Cookbook
Prep time: 20 mins.
Skill level: easy
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded
- ½ yellow capsicum, deseeded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp Brookfarm Lime & Chilli Infused Macadamia Oil, for frying
- 25g brown onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 25g celery, diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 600g kangaroo mince
- 1 tbsp ground native bush tomato
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 20g red onion, finely diced
- 30g snow peas, finely sliced
- 30g spring onion, sliced thinly
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 8-10 large leaves mint, finely sliced
- 8-10 large Vietnamese mint leaves, finely sliced
- 12 lettuce cups
- ½ red chilli and ½ green chilli (or to taste), finely sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Dice most of the capsicum, and thinly slice the rest for garnish. Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat, add sesame and lime and chilli oil. Add the brown onion, garlic, celery, the diced red and yellow capsicum and the ginger. Cook until the onion and garlic have softened. Add the kangaroo mince and stir. Brown the meat.
- Add the bush tomato, soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce. Taste for fish sauce seasoning and add more if necessary. Remove from the heat. Add the red onion, remaining capsicum and snow peas and mix through. Add the spring onion, coriander, mint and Vietnamese mint. Place the mixture into the lettuce cups and serve with the sliced chillies and lime quarters.