The Brookfarm Culture
Based in Byron Bay, Brookfarm is a generational family company committed to Australia’s farmers, sustainable agriculture and regional food production of the highest quality. We promote generational health and wellbeing through producing real food that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Brookfarm produces premium gourmet muesli and macadamia based products, employing over 70 staff across its macadamia orchard, bakehouse and administrative headquarters in the Northern Rivers, NSW. A family business with family values, Brookfarm continues to build on the success that saw it named Telstra Australian Business of the Year (2007).
The people who come and work with us at Brookfarm are our most important asset. We encourage creative thought and real input at every level of our business, from the farm and factory through to sales & marketing. The working culture at Brookfarm is key to us and we work as a creative supportive co-operative team. We provide ongoing training and skills building programs for every staff member and aim to offer career paths for every employee. Our staff are passionate about quality, service, and attention to detail.
View our current vacancies below:
Bakehouse Team Member (Casual)
As a Bakehouse team member, you are responsible for providing support to the Bakehouse teams, helping to perform all positions within the multiple sites of Brookfarm (Packing, Blending and Cleaning etc..)
The bakehouse team member is a key role at Brookfarm as you will be providing support not only to the Bakehouse Supervisor but to the team as a whole. You will also be tasked with helping to ensure the cleaning and shutdown of the facility is well maintained and efficiently functioning to maintain our high level of FSSC certification, this is vitally important.
In your role you will be a member of the Operations team, supporting the Bakehouse team, Supervisor and reporting to the Operations Manager.
SHIFT – 5am to 6pm (subject to change)
- The Bakehouse and surrounds need to run smoothly, be clean, organised, and be safe
- To achieve this, you will need to assist your Supervisor and other members of the team by following procedures and instructions for daily operation of the facility
- Comply with food safety requirements through cleanliness and a thorough eye for detail throughout the daily operations
- Comply with all legal safety requirements to make it a safe place to work for all
Desirable Qualifications / Skills
- Machinery operation and computer skills are an advantage
- Good communication and flexible attitude
- Good understanding of safety in the workplace
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Packing of goods, clean down of facility and equiptment
- Providing support to the Bakehouse Supervisor and Leadership Team
- Responsible for helping to maintain the bakehouse in a food safe standard (FSSC)
- Comply with all legal safety requirements, ensuring a safe place to work for all
To apply for this position check out our website, eat our products and see what makes us tick, then email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.