Berry Nice Crumble
Very berry nice
4 green apples, peeled, cored and choped
1 tbs caster sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain flour
75g butter - softened and chopped
200g mixed fresh berries (blackberries and raspberries)
Extra 1 tbs caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place apples, caster sugar, lemon juice and water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir to combine. Cover and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine muesli, brown sugar and plain flour in a medium bowl. Add butter, using your fingertips rub butter into dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Combine cooled apple mixture, berries and extra caster sugar together, then spoon into a medium baking dish (approx. 30cm x 15cm x 5cm deep).
- Sprinkle crumble mix evenly over fruit. Place baking dish onto a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until crumble is golden.
- Serve warm or chilled with yoghurt or ice cream.