Lemon Curd Tarts
30 mins to make / 1 hr to set
Our twist on a classic
2 cups of Prebiotic Paleo Granola
1 tbs lemon zest, grated
¾ cup lemon juice
1 cup caster sugar
4 free range eggs
150g butter, sliced into cubes
Cooking oil spray
- Spray 9 small tart tins with the cooking spray until well-greased.
- Blitz the granola in a high-speed food processor until a rough crumb forms. Add the butter and blitz until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the tart tins and spread evenly on base and up sides to form the shell. Place tins onto a tray and into the freezer to harden for fifteen minutes.
- To make the curd, add the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest into a medium sized saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Place the saucepan over low heat on the stove and whisk continuously for two minutes. Add in butter, a few pieces at a time whilst continually stirring.
- Continue to whisk for 4-5 minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour the curd into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove bases from the freezer and fill with lemon curd. Place the tarts into the fridge to set for one hour.
- To serve, carefully remove tarts from the tart tins and place onto serving plates. Enjoy!
- Store tarts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.