Macadamia & Shredded Pork Salad
A delicious recipe created by Pam Brook featured in Delicious Magazine as part of their book launch "The Farm Community".
Created for Delicious Magazine
2 pork fillets
½ cup rice vinegar
½ tsp salt & ½ tsp black pepper
3 tbs raw sugar
1 red onion, finely sliced
250g Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and grated into very fine shreds
2 tbs Premium Macadamia Oil
1 tbs chopped Vietnamese hot mint (if not available use ½ tablespoon mint and ½ tablespoon rocket chopped to thin strips)
2 tbs raw macadamia pieces
1 tbs natural Premium Macadamia Oil
1 tbs crisp fried shallots
Dipping Sauce: ½ tsp raw sugar, 3 tbs fish sauce, 1 tbs fresh lime juice, 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- Simmer pork steaks in a saucepan of salted water until just cooked through. Drain the pork and set aside to cool.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper and raw sugar and marinate the sliced red onion in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Combine cabbage and carrot together in a large bowl. Pull the cooled pork into fine shreds with your fingers and combine with the cabbage and carrot. Add the onion, its marinade and the Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil and toss well. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Fry macadamia pieces on gentle heat in macadamia oil stirring gently until just brown. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with the hot mint, macadamias and crisp fried shallots.
- Serve accompanied with the dipping sauce and prawn crackers.
- For dipping sauce, combine fish sauce, lime juice, raw sugar and sliced chilli in a small serving bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved.