Cool Asian Noodle Salad
A perfect summer salad that is quick and easy – sure to be a family favourite.
- 1 x 100g packet of dried vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 head red cabbage – finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup of carrots cut into ribbons or julienned
- ½ English cucumber sliced
- 1 red capsicum julienned
- a handful sunflower sprouts, can substitute snow pea sprouts
- 1 chicken breast, poached and shredded (you can use breasts from a roast chicken)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 TBS finely grated ginger
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS lime juice
2 TBS honey
1/2 cup Brookfarm natural macadamia oil
Cook noodles according to instructions on packet, drain and rinse in cold water. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Mix together the noodles, vegetables, shredded chicken then add dressing to taste. Serve out in shallow bowls and top with toasted sesame seeds.