Roast Macadamia Hommus
The best hommus you'll try
2 x 400g cans of chickpeas
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp crushed sea salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
3/4 cup of chopped macadamias
6 tbsp Premium Macadamia Oil
3 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
100g feta cheese (optional)
Coriander or parsley leaves (optional)
- Dry roast the macadamias by placing them in a dry fry pan (no oil) and toasting over a medium heat until golden brown and aromatic.
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into a food processor. Add 3/4 of the roasted macadamias, tahini, crushed garlic, salt and lemon juice. Turn the food processor on and slowly pour in the Macadamia oil while it runs.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, spoon into a serving dish.
- Drizzle with cold pressed macadamia oil and garnish with remaining macadamias, crumpled feta, paprika and herbs.
- Serve with grilled sourdough bread and enjoy!