Muesli Hedgehog Slice
The simple but yummy muesli hedgehog slice is 5 ingredient recipe that is perfect for an afternoon or dessert treat!
This recipe is a healthier alternative to the traditional hedgehog slice by replacing condensed milk and butter with organic coconut cream and dark chocolate.
¼ cup organic coconut cream
200g dark chocolate, chopped roughly
½ cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tbsp extra
¼ cup shelled salted pistachios
Extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias to top
- Line a square 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place coconut cream in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Stir, until chocolate is glossy and melted.
- Place muesli, ½ cup desiccated coconut and pistachios in a large bowl and mix well. Add half of the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Spoon mixture over base of tin, pressing gently into corners.
- Add the extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut to the remaining melted chocolate and mix. Pour over the slice and spread evenly.
- Top with extra pistachios, cranberries and macadamias.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm then turn on to a board and cut into 16 squares.