Brookfarm Gluten Free Porrij Biscuits
Ingredients // Makes about 16-20
- 2 cups Brookfarm Gluten Free Porrij
- 2½ cups gluten free flour (we use white rice flour, maize flour, potato starch, corn starch)
- 2 teaspoons aluminium free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond or rice milk
- Preheat oven to 170 C. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse Brookfarm Gluten Free Porrij, butter, gluten free flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add almond milk and pulse until mixture just forms a dough.
- Place a large sheet of baking paper on a board or clean work surface. Turn out the dough and cover with another sheet of baking paper.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin then cut into discs using a 6.5cm scone cutter to make16-20 biscuits.
- Carefully arrange the biscuits on to the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving suggestion: Goats cheese and Rosella Jam.
Note: Depending on the gluten free flour you use, you may need to add more flour or milk if required as the flour starch levels vary.
Recipe @chefsamgowing // Photography @nelly_foto