Roast Macadamia Hommus
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 150g or 3/4 cup of chopped Macadamias
- 6 tbsp Brookfarm Natural Macadamia Oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100gm Fetta cheese (optional)
- Paprika (optional)
- Coriander or parsley leaves (optional
Dry roast the Macadamias by placing them in a dry fry pan (no oil) and toasting over a medium heat until golden brown and aromatic. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add 3/4 of the roasted Macadamias, the tahini, crushed garlic, salt and lemon juice. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the Macadamia oil while it runs.
When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Drizzle with some more cold pressed Macadamia oil and decorate with the remaining roast macadamias and crumple over the feta cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves, for colour.
Serve with some grilled sourdough bread and enjoy!